NEO METAL CONDITIONER PRODUCT CODE: MC00 TECHNICAL DATA SHEET NO. 04-Repair & Renovation JULY 2009
A new generation cleaner for steel and galvanised steel, especially roofs.
• Interior and exterior use.
• Uncoated steel or galvanised steel roofs.
• Ideal for the preparation of new galvanised roof sheeting gutters, down pipes and other galvanised metal.
• NEO Metal Conditioner is essential for the preparation of new galvanised metal for paint application.
• NEO Metal Conditioner removes mineral oils and waxes from galvanised metal. The product etches the shiny metal surface slightly, resulting in a good adhesion of the paint coating. It is therefore ideal for the preparation of new galvanised roof sheeting, gutters, down pipes and other galvanised metal.
• When applied on steel, NEO Metal Conditioner etches away light rust deposits and removes grease and oily substances from the metal surface.
• It is very important that after the treatment all traces of NEO Metal Conditioner are removed with potable water from the metal surface.
• Easy to use.
• Non flammable.
• Washes off with water.
• NEO Metal Conditioner should not be seen as a chemical rust remover for heavily corroded areas. For such purpose we suggest NEO Rust Remover (rr00).
• In some instances there is still a prejudice that new galvanised sheeting must be treated with hydrochloric acid before paint application. This is completely unacceptable. The acid damages the zinc coating by dissolving a considerable amount of the metal. NEO Metal Conditioner is the ideal product for this purpose as it dissolves fat and grease. It also etches the galvanised surface slightly to improve the adhesion of the consecutive paint coatings.
Detergents and degreasing agents
• Application Method
By scrubbing or block brush, brush with fibre bristles or a broom (not paint brush).
• For mild steel with light rust, use NEO Metal Conditioner undiluted.
• For galvanised steel, dilute the NEO Metal Conditioner (1 part) with clean drinking water (3 parts).
• Stir well before use.
• Use NEO Metal Conditioner undiluted for purpose of removing corrosive matter from steel.
• For use on galvanised metal, dilute NEO Metal Conditioner as follows:
o 1 part NEO Metal Conditioner
o 3 parts of water
• Work NEO Metal Conditioner into the surface well with a scrubbing or block brush, brush with fibre bristles or a broom (not a paint brush).
• Wash off/rinse all traces of NEO Metal Conditioner with copious amounts of clean water.
• Repeat the washing process until the metal is grease (water break) free.
• Allow to dry well before applying new paint.
• Clean up application equipment and accidental spillage/stain with clean tap water.
• When applying NEO Metal Conditioner, wear rubber gloves and goggles and avoid skin contact.
• If skin contact occurs, wash off with copious amounts of clean water/soap.
• Only use in well ventilated areas and avoid inhaling the vapours.
Colour Range and Quantities
• NEO Metal Conditioner is a clear, colourless liquid.
• Available in 1 litre and 5 litres.
• NEO Metal Conditioner is not flammable.
• NEO Metal Conditioner contains acid.
• Handle with care.
• Wear rubber gloves and goggles when handling the product and avoid skin contact.
• If skin or eye contact occurs, wash off with copious amounts of clean water.
NEO Paints can not be held liable if the product fails due to improper surface preparation or application.