NEO FIX CEMENT MODIFIER PRODUCT CODE: NX00 TECHNICAL DATA SHEET NO. 04-Repair & Renovation JULY 2009
NEO Fix is an additive for cement plaster and concrete to improve flexibility and adhesion. The product can also prevent penetration of oils, grease etc. The base of the product is a synthetic resin emulsion resistant to alkaline in new plaster and concrete.
NB: This product was previously known as Zementzusatz.
• Interior and exterior use.
• Plaster applied on brickwork primed with a coat of NEO Fix will adhere much better to the substrate.
• Repair work carried out on plaster or concrete is usually a problem due to poor adhesion of the new mortar on the existing substrate. NEO Fix will improve the adhesion.
• Dams plastered with an addition of NEO Fix to the plaster will not crack and leak as easily as untreated ones.
• NEO Fix can be added to lime wash based coatings or powdery cement based paints to improve adhesion and the scratch resistance of the coating.
• By adding NEO Fix to mortar for floor screeds an excellent resistance against mineral oils and other liquids will be achieved.
• NEO Fix should not be used as a bonding liquid on poor and loose substrates for paint application. It lacks the penetration abilities of a real bonding liquid. Use NEO Bonding Liquid (ig00) in such case.
• NEO Fix is an indispensable product for the bricklayer and plasterer when dealing with repair work. The resin of NEO Fix improves the adhesion ability of the mortar/plaster considerably if added to the mixture.
• If plaster has to be removed completely from the brickwork and replaced, a prime coat of NEO Fix will increase the adhesion of the new plaster on to the brickwork.
• Additionally add mixture to plaster or concrete – 10% per volume of NEO Fix. Apply on to the brickwork.
• NEO Fix makes plaster and concrete much more waterproof. Dams plastered with an addition of NEO Fix to the plaster will not crack and leak as easy as untreated ones. The same applies for dams cast from concrete.
• Floors made with an addition of NEO Fix are more resistant to mechanical wear and tear due to the improved flexibility of the mortar. The compression strength of concrete will also be improved.
Synthetic resin emulsion
Solid Matter by Content
By volume: 36,3%
5-6 square metres per litre
Add NEO Fix to plaster or concrete preferably by mixing in a concrete mixer, alternatively ensure a good and equal distribution in your mixture.
• Application Method
• Add NEO Fix to plaster or concrete preferably by mixing in a concrete mixer, alternatively ensure a good and equal distribution in your mixture.
• Apply with a brush.
• Clean up application equipment with water immediately after use.
• Plaster or Brick
• Plaster or brick substrate should be firm and completely dry.
• Add mixture to plaster or concrete mortar for repair work - 10% per volume of NEO Fix to mortar mixture. Leave out corresponding amount of water.
• Alternatively apply one coat of NEO Fix with paint or lime wash brush on new bricks or plaster.
• For Oil and Waterproofing of Floor Screeds
• Add an amount of 5% to 15% by volume of NEO Fix to mortar mixture for the topping layer of screed.
• The higher the addition of NEO Fix, the lower the penetration of liquids becomes but the amount of 15% NEO Fix should not be exceeded. Higher additions can have a negative effect for the floor quality.
• The application of NEO Fix directly on ready laid floors is not recommended in the case of renovation work, except if the additional topping contains NEO Fix, and is applied at a certain minimum thickness.
• Waterproofing of Dams
• New dams
o Add an amount of approximately 10% NEO Fix per volume to the concrete/plaster mixture.
• Repair of existing dams
o Make sure dam is dry.
o Remove any moss and fungus from walls.
o Prime existing plaster/concrete with a mixture of 1 part NEO Fix, 1 part Portland cement and 1-2 parts of fine plastering sand. Add water if required.
o Apply a reasonably thick layer of topping containing an addition of approximately 10% NEO Fix by volume.
Colour Range and Quantities
• NEO Fix is a milky, white liquid and dries to a clear, transparent coating.
• Available in 1 litre, 5 litre and 20 litre containers.
• 200 litre containers can be supplied on request.
• NEO Fix is not flammable.
• The product contains no harmful substances.
NEO Paints can not be held liable if the product fails due to improper surface preparation or application.