NEO RUST CONVERTER PRODUCT CODE: RC00 TECHNICAL DATA SHEET NO. 04-Repair & Renovation JULY 2009
A treatment product to convert red rust into a more stable and non-corrosive substance. It is not a primer but a blend of chemicals and a mild acid, which react with the oxidised iron present in rust and passivates it, preventing further corrosion.
• Interior and exterior use.
• NEO Rust Converter can be applied on slightly or moderately corroded surfaces.
• Heavily corroded steel requires additional mechanical pre-treatment to remove the excessive rust.
• NEO Rust Converter is a combination of mild acids and chemicals which react with iron oxide and which stabilize the rust, thus preventing further corrosion.
• NEO Rust Converter is used in food processing and bottling plants where the grinding and sandblasting of steel is not possible due to hygienic reasons.
• For the contractor or homeowner, NEO Rust Converter is a fast and simple solution for corrosion problems.
• Easy to use.
• Non flammable.
• Washes off with water.
• Application Method
Do not dilute.
• Stir well before use.
• Remove any grease or fatty substance from corroded steel.
• NEO Rust Converter should be applied by brush directly on to the rusted substrate.
• Work the NEO Rust Converter into the rusted areas well with a paint brush.
• Leave to react (changes colour) for 15 to 20 minutes. The red coloured rust will turn black during the treatment.
• Once this has happened remove all excess NEO Rust Converter with water.
• Wash off/rinse all excess NEO Rust Converter with copious amounts of clean water.
• Repeat treatment if some red oxide is still visible.
• Repeat the washing process.
• Allow to dry well before applying primer.
• Clean up application equipment and accidental spillage/stain with clean tap water.
• When applying, wear gloves and goggles and avoid skin contact. If skin contact occurs, wash off with copious amounts of clean water/soap.
• Avoid the vapours - only use in well ventilated areas.
• NEO Rust Converter cannot penetrate thick oxide deposits.
• Remove oxidized iron with a wire brush or grinder.
• Apply NEO Rust Converter to stabilize remaining rust.
Colour Range and Quantities
• NEO Rust Converter is a milky, cream coloured liquid.
• Available in 500 ml plastic jars (other sizes available on request).
• NEO Rust Converter is not flammable.
• The product contains acid.
• Wear gloves and goggles while using the product.
• Avoid skin contact - if skin or eye contact occurs, wash off with copious amounts of clean water.
• Avoid inhaling vapours.
NEO Paints can not be held liable if the product fails due to improper surface preparation or application.